How Do Positive and Negative Sayings Affect People…

Oct - 14 2013 | By

For Braden and I’s Personal Learning Task in Positive Education, we researched about how positive and negative sayings affect people. We made a powerpoint and did surveys of our classmate’s reactions.
As I researched I discovered some very motivating quotes and encouraging sayings. I thought this project was really good and I had lots of fun doing it. Some interesting sayings we found were ‘Never stop to rest until your best is better and your better is best’ and ‘winning fairly is the only way to win’.

I really enjoyed this task and learnt loads as I researched the topic.

50 Comments

1. Conor says:

Hi Chloe,
    I really liked your PowerPoint, it looks like you and Braden put some real hard work into the presentation.
    I also loved all the quotes you put in, and I personally thought you selected them very well.
    The pictures were as well very wisely selected. This was a very high standard presentation.

Keep-up the great work,

Conor

2. Mrs Verona Gridley says:

Hi Chloe,
    this is a fantastic presentation and it is wonderful that you have shared it with everyone on your blog. There are certainly many powerful messages to live by, which will continue to inspire and motivate you throughout your life. Keep up the amazing work.
    Mrs Verona Gridley

3. Deirdre Cosgrave says:

Hi Chloe
    I am a teacher at a school not so far away from you , St Thomas’.
    I really like the way you have put your blog together and I especially like what you have written about positive and negative sayings.
    I would like to show my students your presentation if it is alright with you . We are looking into personalities and talents and what effects these things and I think this will compliment our learning .
    Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work
    Mrs Cosgrave
    P.s you must have a fantastic positive ed teacher !!!!

4. Barb Bellesini says:

Hi Chloe,
    So glad you could put your presentation on line for others to share. You and Braden worked hard to find and compile your resources, and have come up with a fabulous finished product. I know that you live your life and commitment to sport by these values, and that you are sure to achieve much because of that. Good luck with all of your future goals.
    Mrs Bellesini ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Dana says:

Hello Chole,

The Power- Point was amazing to read it was very interesting!!
    We love the video was great because we LOVE PINK so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was great to see your facts.
    How long did it take you to make it?
    Was it hard to do?
    Dana and Lucy!

6. Anastasia says:

Hello Chole,

Your presentation was really good.
    I liked the way you put a video of P!nk and how she talks about how our world really is. The quotes are really good. I liked how you put Essendon as an example for cheating.

How long did it take you to make the presentation?

From Anastasia:) :]

7. Livinia and Holly says:

Hello Chloe and Braden,

We think that you have done a great job putting this together.
    We like your idea for your subject positives and negatives.
    You have had a great success.
    We have one question for you: What gave you the idea of this subject?
    ๐Ÿ™‚

From Holly and Livinia from St Thomas

8. onelp says:

Hi Chloe,
    Jacob and I really liked your presantation it was really nice how youmshared your presentation with us. We liked your little video on it as well.

By Onel and Jacob.

9. Hanna says:

Hello Braden and Chloe,

I thought it was really nice that you decided to do a slideshare on “How positive feelings affect and connect other people”.

Have you ever experienced these feelings? – If so, how good or bad did it feel?
    Also, what made you decide to write this slideshow? – Were you told to or did you do it for fun?

Whether you chose or were told to write it….. GREAT JOB!!!

From Hanna.

10. Hanna says:

Hello Braden and Chloe,

AWESOME WORK!!!

Have you ever experienced these feelings? – If so, how good or bad did it feel?

Whether you chose or were told to write it….. GREAT JOB!!!

From Hanna.

11. Daniel W 3/4 LR says:

Hi Chloeo,
    i Really think that was really good thing and it was heart warming.
    from Daniel

12. Amber H 3/4LR says:

Hi Chloe :)!
    Your slid show was so true. PS it was awesome! Could you do another slid show please! your work was awesome great job! ๐Ÿ™‚
    From Amber and Poppy St Thomas.

13. Noah P says:

Hi Chloeo and Braden

We think it is important to play fair and don’t cheat. If you believe in yourself you’ll have success

From Noah and Will

14. chloeo says:

Thanks everyone!
    All your comments are amazing!
    For those who asked questions:
    Mrs Cosgrave: No problem! ( my positive ed teacher is great!
    Dana, Lucy and Anastatia: It took a few weeks to make, but thanks to my Positive Ed teacher, it wasn’t too hard and we had plenty of support.
    Holly and Livinia: I had recently been looking at an app called ‘Sports Quotes’, and I found many of them very inspiring, so I wanted to discover more.
    Thanks again,
    Chloe

15. chloeo says:

Dear Hanna,
    Thanks for commenting!
    We chose this topic as our project.
    I have felt the feeling of that inspiration from an attention seeking quote, especially ones like ‘Winning fairly is the only way to win’, or ‘People with goals succeed because they know where they are going’.
    Some more statistical things, like ‘One in three people you know, meet and love will need a blood donation in their lifetime’ is a little scary.
    Have you ever felt these feelings when you heard something?
    Chloe

16. Mrs Cosgrave says:

Hi Chloe,
    I hope you are enjoying the comments from my school students, they really enjoyed your blog!
    I think you will get a few more in the next few days- hope you don’t mind .
    Say hello to Mrs Bellisini and Mrs Gridley from me
    Kind regards
    Mrs Cosgrave
    P.S. keep up the good work !

• chloeo says:

Hi Mrs Cosgrave,
      The comments are great! I’ve never had so many on one post and they’re really making me think!
      The more the merrier! I would be delighted if more students want to visit my blog.
      I’ll say hi to Mrs Gridley and Mrs Bellisini tonight! (School play) I am sure they return the greetings!
      Thanks for sharing my blog,
      Chloe

17. Jacob O 3/4GP says:

Hello Chloe and Braden,
    I donโ€™t think itโ€™s fair to cheat you have to play by the rules. If you believe in yourself you will succeed and if you donโ€™t you will fail. Great slide show and awesome blog. Why did you chose to make this slideshow.
    From Jacob.

• chloeo says:

Hi Jacob,
      I chose this to learn more inspiring sayings and quotes. I agree that you should always play by the rules and believe in yourself!
      Chloe

18. Ben O 3/4GP says:

Hello Chloe and Braden,
    That slideshow is really positive, inspiring and really creative great work. Have you ever cheated on someone? Why did you choose to write about this? Really great work hope you can make another slideshow Awesome Job.

• chloeo says:

Thanks Ben,
      I hate cheating, and get really annoyed when people play unfair, even in a small game. I could never take drugs or bribe refs as I would freak about what I had done and not be able to face myself.
      I am glad I chose to research this topic, as I learnt heaps of things that will help me in the future.
      Thanks for the comment,
      Chloe

19. Ella P 3/4GP says:

Dear Chloe,
    I think Negative Sayings Affect People because it hurts them by there feelings.
    How did u get the slideshow on the blog.
    P.s loved the slide show.

20. Grace 3/4GP says:

Hi Chloeo, hi Braden,
    I think you should believe in success and achievement.
    You’re right about the “Sayings Can Hurt People”.
    Why do bad sayings hurt other people?

From Grace

• chloeo says:

To Grace,
      Bad sayings can be patronising, directed in a mean way or just negative. That is how they can hurt people.
      Thanks for commenting!

21. Isabel M 34LR and Calista V 34LR says:

Hi Chloe and Braden,

First of all nice slide-share! We thought it was very interesting but we were a little confused about the part where it says: Who Cheats, most of all you… Our question is why did you choose this topic for your project. WELLDONE!!!

From Isabel and Calista

• chloeo says:

To Isabel and Calista,
      The part about cheating is saying that if you play unfairly you are proving to everyone, especially yourself, that you can’t win without cheating.
      We chose this topic because we wanted to discover more inspiring and interesting quotes.
      Chloe

22. Tilly B 3/4GP says:

yo yo yo chloe,
    my name is Tilly/matilda. I agree totaly. we should ceep on tring and tring. you have a grate blog. i think that it is good to do positiv coments. why did you you think of making this blog? i think it is AWESOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

23. Chels says:

Hi Chloe, Hi Braden,
    I think that this slideshare was great I thought that they were really interesting quotes and it was great! GOOD JOB!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

24. Seamus O 3/4GP says:

Hi Cloe and Braden,
    I think the that was a great slideshare. I also think that it had some great quotes and sayings. Why did you make this?
    From Seamus

25. Natashap 3/4DC says:

Hi Chloe and Brandon,
    I am Natasha form st Thomas primary school I thin that was awesome it it explaned the the way positive words help you get through work, sports ( like 800 meters) or any onther thing but it was awesome. good job

~Natashap 3/4 DC

• chloeo says:

Hi Natasha,
      Thanks for the feedback! With an event as hard as 800m, 1500m or Cross Country, a saying or song that keeps you on your toes and focused can help you get that little bit further faster!
      Chloe

26. EmilyBa 3/4dc says:

Hi Chloe,
    I really like your blog post on positive thinking and your blog overall. How did you get your powerpoint on your blog? Your pictures and layout on your presentation were very clear and the pictures were great. What made you choose this as a project? I hope you have lots of fun finishing of you personal learning project.
    From Emily, St Thomas

• chloeo says:

Hi Emily,
      After investigating an app called ‘Sports Quotes’, I wanted to find more inspiring and interesting sayings, so I chose it as my project topic.
      To get my Powerpoint on my blog I used a program called Slideshare. Its easy to access, just type in on Google.
      Thanks for the comment,
      Chloe

27. Georgie H 3/4DC says:

Hi chloe,
    Me and Ciara really liked your presentation. We also liked how to put a pink song in there. It looked like you worked really hard on it.
    Did you know that Mrs Riddiford and Sinora Senzo teach at our school too.
    From Ciara and Georgia

• chloeo says:

Hi Ciara and Georgia,
      Thanks for the comment! Mrs Riddiford and Sinora Senzo are great teachers!
      Glad you enjoyed my presentation,
      Chloe

28. Heloise 34\LR says:

Hi Chloe
    I love your blog. It’s really cool.
    I like your slideshow How you had quotes and a survey.
    From Heloise

29. isabelle a 3/4LR says:

hi Chloe,
    I love your blog.
    how do you create a slide share?
    your slide share is awesome.

from isabelle

30. Inigo L 3/4DC says:

Hi Chloe and Braden,

Great Slideshare I think that some of the quotes were really interesting. The one about making the poor rich by making the rich poor was a bit strange. But anyway it was really good.

From Inigo

31. Hannah G 3/4LR says:

Well if you say something positive it can put them up,but if you say something negitive it can put them down.;)

32. Samuel W 3\4LR says:

Hi Chloeo,

We think that it is unfair to the homeless.
    That you always believe your-self.
    I like the slideshow.
    We all liked the song about Mr Presadant.

From Jake, Sam and Ned

33. patrickr123 says:

Hi chloeo
    I agree thats it’s unfair to cheat because your’re breaking the rules of the game
    and it’s bad to take drugs like essendon and it’s nice to make people feel good instead of disrespecting them and it’s good to have goals.
    from Patrick R

• chloeo says:

Hi Patrick,
      You are completely right in that you should always treat people with respect. They agree to do things with you, like play sport, because they believe you will do so in all good spirits of the game, so you shouldn’t betray them.
      Thanks for commenting,
      Chloe

34. Jasmine B 3/4GP says:

hi chloeo,
    my name is Jasmine. I don’t think it’s fair to the homeless you always have to believe in your-self and never give up I’m related to Ned Kelly and if I was him I would’nt rob anyone.
    From Jasmine

35. Ronan 3/4GP says:

Hello Chloe and Braden,
    That slideshow is so good I like it because it talls people to not chet

36. Noah 3/4 GP says:

HI,chloeo and braden,
    i think it is unfair to the homeless because they have nothing but i thought the song was really good and it was a good song from the kid presedint.

37. alanai says:

Hi Chloe, Hi Braden,
    i think that your slide share was really cool and i really liked it!

From Alana! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

38. Avalene says:

Hi,

I thought you had wonderful sayings in there, and spent lots of time on it which made it really good.

Some of the words in there were very encourageing, for dreams or goals that people want to achive.

Good Job!

From Avalene

• chloeo says:

Hi Avalene,
      My Positive Education teacher says having goals is very important. It helps you recognise how far you’ve come and how you’re improving. The higher you aim the better you get!
      Chloe

39. Jasper and Eliza says:

Hi Chloe & Brendon,

We think that it is unfair to the homeless.
    You should always believe in yourself.
    We thought the slideshow should have been better and have more sound.
    The songs were a good choice.
    From Jasper & Eliza