1. The Tropic of Capricorn runs through Queensland.
2. Australia is estimated to be 7,692,024 square Kilometers
3. Australia is the sixth largest nation.
4. Australia is the smallest continent and the largest island.
5. Australia is the driest inhabited continent on earth.
6. Australia has many unique animals, including the kangaroo, echidna, cassowary and wombat.
7. Australia has the most venomous snakes in the world (12).
8. Australian women were the second female group in the world to get the vote ( after New Zealand ).
9. The first inhabitants of Australia were the Aboriginals.
10. Aboriginals did not obtain the vote till 1967.
11. The Prieminister apologised to the Aboriginals in 2008 for the ‘Stolen Generation’ of children.